Contact Me Today 408-214-5555

Car Accidents

San Jose Car Accident Attorney

Even when we're careful, car accidents can still happen.

Drivers who are speeding, drunk, drugged, texting while driving, or driving while sleepy present a real hazard on the roadway.

Even when you're driving carefully and following the rules, there's no guarantee everyone will do the same.

How many times have you had someone swerve into your lane, only to see that they appear to be more concerned with their cell phone conversation than with the safety of others on the road?

Car accidents are unforeseen events in our lives.

One minute, you're going from point A to point B. The next second, your life got turned upside down because your car is crashed and you're injured.

What are the two most important things to do after a car accident?

Call 911

A police report is important because it contains essential details of the car accident. Make sure to get a card from the police person - it will have their name, badge number, date of the report, time, and a report number. Take a cell phone picture of it and save the original card.

Seek medical attention

By seeing a doctor right away, they will make a record of how you look, what you say, what they think and notice, and whether you're injured. No one else except for a doctor can do this for you.

When you seek medical attention right away, the medical record created by the doctor connects your injuries to the car accident you just had. A thorough medical exam, blood work and other tests will all be written down in your permanent medical record. That record can be used down the road to prove to the insurance company that you really got hurt in the accident like you say you did.

What kinds of car accidents do you handle?

Here are just some of causes of car accidents that I can help you with:

•Dangerous road condition accidents
•Defective vehicle accidents
•Distracted driver accidents
•Drugged driver accidents
•Drunk driver accidents
•Following too close accidents
•Head-on accidents
•Hit and run accidents
•Left hand turn accidents
•Multi-vehicle accidents
•Rear-end accidents
•Reckless driving accidents
•Red-light accidents
•Rollover accidents
•Sideswipe accidents
•Single-vehicle accidents (solo crashes)
•Sleepy driver accidents
•Speeding accidents
•T-bone accidents (broadside collisions)
•Truck driver error accidents (big trucks - tractor-trailers)
•Unsafe lane change accidents

What kinds of car accident injuries do you take?

Here are just some injuries that can happen in the above accidents. I also take other injuries besides the ones on this list:

What is the insurance claim process for accidents?

After being in a car accident and getting injured, the only thing you should be focusing on is your healing. The last thing you should have to worry about is learning the insurance claims process to make sure you follow it correctly.

To get their job, insurance company adjusters are trained. After they start the job, they receive ongoing training. They handle claims every day of the week - and you may only have one claim in your entire lifetime.

Insurance claims adjusters are paid by the insurance company. Now, you need a car accident attorney to fight your case. Let your attorney handle the claims process for you. It's in your lawyer's best interests to make sure you get top dollar for your claim.

How should you talk to the insurance adjuster after a car accident?

Did you know that when the insurance talks with you, they're acting on behalf of the insurance company who pays their paycheck? This means that they are looking out for the insurance company's bottom line. When the insurance calls you, it's really best not to talk to them at all. They may try to turn things around on you and act like the accident was your fault. They are working for the insurance company. They are not working for you, even if they talk to younicely.

Instead of worrying about how to talk with the insurance adjuster, you'd be better off hiring a good attorney to do the talking for you. The only exception is if you have a very minor case.

How much time do I have to file a car accident claim?

You have to file a police report within 24 hours. You have to file a DMV Form SR-1 within 10 days if anyone got hurt or if there is $1,000 or more of property damage.

When it comes to filing a car accident claim, the sooner the better. You generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. But if one of the parties was the government or someone acting on behalf of the government, you only have 6 short months to file a claim with them.

My name is Renee Yvonne Gardner. I am a car accident attorney. I handle car accidents throughout California in these 12 California Counties.
If you hire me, I will work on your behalf and fight for maximum payment on your car accident case. Protect your rights - - talk to an attorney before you do anything besides: call 911 and seek medical care.

I have experience with personal injury and wrongful death accident.  If were in a car crash, contact me at (408) 214-5555 or here: message me here for a free consultation. If your loved one passed away after an car accident, please call me about your wrongful death case. 

I am located in Santa Clara County but I represent injured people in these 12 California Counties:

 Alameda County ○ Contra Costa County ○ Fresno County ○ Marin County ○ Merced County ○ Monterey County ○ San Benito County ○ San Francisco County ○ San Joaquin County ○ San Mateo County ○ Santa Clara County ○ Santa Cruz County

Call Renée Today

I deliver personalized representation in serious personal Injury, wrongful death, death benefits, criminal defense, and post-conviction relief ("cleaning") cases. Please call (408) 214-5555 or fill out my contact form.